Transgender ideologues argue for two conflicting positions. On the one hand they want gender to be fluid, while on the other they tell us these children were “born in the wrong body”. The first position can be argued all day, the second cannot.
Geneticists have known for decades that while genes and hormones influence behaviour, they do not hard-wire a person to think, feel, or behave in a particular way. The new science of epigenetics has established that genes are not rigid blueprints for behaviour. Rather, humans develop traits through the dynamic process of gene-environment interaction. Genes don’t determine who we are. Twin studies of adult transsexuals prove definitively that genetic and hormone influence is irrelevant to transgender identiy.
The largest study of twin transsexual adults found that only 20% of identical twins were both transgender. This is impossible if transgender is genetically determined and consistent with the high rates of resolution of gender dysphoria documented among children when they are not encouraged to impersonate the opposite sex. These results also support the theory that persistent transgender disorder is due to the impact of environmental influences upon vulnerable children. The concept of a “feminized” or “masculinized” brain trapped in the wrong body is thus an ideological belief that has no basis in reality.
So where does gender disorder come from? If it is not genetics then there is only one cause possible, the childhood environment. Social reinforcement, parental emotional psychology, family dynamics, abuse, neglect, school, the neighbourhood and social trends all contribute to the development and/or persistence of transgender disorder. But, as with homosexuality, it is mainly their experiences within the family that lead to transgender feelings. Below is a short list of known familial causes of transgender disorder as provided by the American College of Paediatricians.
- Sometimes parental psychopathology is at the root of the social reinforcement. Most parents of children with transgender disorder recall their initial reactions to their child’s cross-sex dressing and other cross-sex behaviours to have been tolerance and/or encouragement. Among parents who wished they had a child of the opposite sex this reaction can sometimes be extremely strong.
- Most fathers of feminine boys report spending far less time with their sons between the ages of two and five as compared with fathers of control boys. Feminine boys thus feel closer to their mothers than to their fathers.
- It has also been found that among children with transgender disorder, the rate of maternal depression and bipolar disorder is high, in the order of 50-60%. In addition, a majority of the fathers of transgender disorder boys are easily threatened, exhibit difficulty with affect regulation, and possess an inner sense of inadequacy. Most often, the parents fail to support one another, and have difficulty resolving marital conflicts.
- It is now a well-established fact that social pressure, media profiling, social media and educational programs are significant causes of the large spike in children self-diagnosing as transgender. Many are autistic, a group highly vulnerable to social conditioning.
- There is a well-known causal link between childhood physical, psychological and sexual abuse and adulthood homosexuality. Given the strong tendency of transgender children who do not normalise to go on to homosexual lifestyles, it is not surprising to find “that childhood adversity also predicts same-sex sexual attraction, partners, and identity.”
Clinical research and observation suggests that somewhere between 80-95% of people who feel they were born in the wrong body normalise their gender feeling by the age of 21 years. They grow out of it. It goes away! Their thinking realigns with their biology, they normalise in the true sense of the word normal because they begin to agree with the reality of the way they are built and designed.
Allowing a child to take puberty blocking drugs or undergo gender reassignment surgery (castration) is therefore dangerous in the extreme. It is treating normal sexual development as a disease. Lifelong hormone treatments and mental instability are a fact of life for those who go down the path of deliberate gender change. Some have tried to commit suicide to escape their mistake.
The transgender agenda is therefore a clearly manufactured political agenda to change a culture. This is because it is the next step in the homosexual sexual revolution, justifying itself and dragging western society by the hair into the cesspool of its own standards.