Here are a few reasons why International Children’s Day should be a cry for children’s rights (statistics are American but would be in the ballpark for most western countries):
- 90% of homeless children are fatherless.
- 70-85% of prison inmates grew up without a father.
- Over 60% of teenagers who commit suicide have absent fathers
- 70% of high school drop-outs come from fatherless homes
- 70% of pregnant teenagers come from fatherless homes.
At the opposite end of the spectrum, here is a link to a research article on the clear economic benefit of two parent families in terms of education, economic well-being and crime, not just for the individual family concerned but for entire nations.
Lets start fighting for a child’s right to a safe and loving biological family. Fewer and fewer people are sticking up for kids. The effect on nations, either way, is pronounced.