1. WHERE TO BEGIN
Begin with the end goal in mind and take a single step toward that end goal!
Matthew 6:10: The coming of the kingdom on earth
Matthew 28:18-20: Disciple the nations
Mark 4:30-32: The mustard seed
Acts 1:8: Global evangelism with power
2. JESUS’ OWN DMM EXAMPLE
- His task: Saturation church planting in Galilee
- He broke the task down into villages in order to reach 200,000 people.
- He began with intense training for 12 workers.
- Then he sent them out on prac (Luke 9:6)
- He then trained 72 more workers and also sent them out ahead of him.
- He specifically said all the resources were in the harvest. Leave all resources behind!
- He eventually planted the gospel in every one of those towns and villages (Luke 10:1)
- There was a massive transformation (Luke 9:7-17)
- This was a model for us to follow!
Please thoroughly research the book of Acts to find out how growth began in the early church. As you read each chapter take notes and look for patterns:
What was the role of the Holy Spirit?
What was their attitude toward missions?
What did Paul do?
How did he train?
What did the churches look like?
How were they started, funded, grow?
How fast did it spread?
What was their structure?
The Holy Spirit was clearly in charge of the growing church. Sending workers here, starting churches there. This is the way it should be today as well. Find out what the Spirits p,ans are and go with them.
What would it look like to see the job done. Brainstorm. Start there. Begin with the end vision for your local area firmly established. Caution: Don’t put faith in the plan but always plan your faith. Plans are the beginning point. They must be adjustable. The coronavirus changed everything. These events can come along from time to time. Take advantage of them.
Consider the following:
- Where is your target area?
- What is the population?
- Is it rural, a colony, a street or a whole city?
- How many simple churches will you need to plant so everyone can get to a meeting?
- How do we make the churches reproducible?
- How do we train workers? What do we train them in?
- What is the best way to spread the Gospel?
- How to find a person of peace.