1. FANTASTIC CONVERSATION STARTERS
If you are sharing Jesus with strangers instead of family there are a number of ways of doing so that open up conversations quite naturally. You are not preaching at them, you are trying to meet their needs. This is what Jesus did. He met their needs first and then they were open to listening to his message.
Remember: The person asking questions is the one in control of the conversation. Don’t use religious terminology. Ask the Holy Spirit for ideas as you talk
1. I am praying blessings upon this neighbourhood. Would you like me to pray a blessing for you? This is one of the best questions of all.
2. If God could do a miracle for you today what would it be? Can I pray for that need? If you are happy, can I take your number and see if this prayer was answered in a week’s time?
3. If you could have a personal relationship with God instead of a distant one would you be interested in one?
4. Please share your life story with me, and then I will share mine if you would like.
5. Are you near or far from God? Would you like to be near?
6. So what do you believe about the Christian’s Jesus?
7. Do you have any spiritual beliefs? What are they? I am interested.
8. What do you know about Isa from the Qur’an? If they know little then show them Surah 3:42-55.
2. MORE GREAT PRACTICAL IDEAS.
- Offer to start a simple Discovery Bible Study if they are curious but not committed.
- Meet people’s needs after hearing their life story and it has hurts in it.
- Invite them for coffee or tea for further conversation.
- Pray for miracles with them.
- Hospitality: invite them home for a meal, but be wise and careful.
- Deliberately go out of your way to meet your neighbourhoods needs
- Try education and Training, eg literacy classes. This works really well in South Asia.
3. SCRIPTURES TO SHARE WITH AN INTERESTED PERSON
Here is what God did for us:
- What does sin do in our life? It separates us from God (Isaiah 59:2)
- Who has sinned? All have sinned (Romans 3:23)
- Can we work our way into God’s favour? No, it is a free gift from Him (Ephesians 2:8-9)
- Why is it a free gift? Jesus paid the price (1 Peter 3:18)
This is how we respond:
- We put our faith in him (Romans 3:22)
- Believe in your heart, confess with your mouth (Romans 10:9-10)
The result is amazing
Note: The longer you know someone and do not share the gospel with them, the harder it is to share the gospel with them.
4. THE THREE CIRCLES EVANGELISM TOOL
The Three Circles witnessing tool has proven to be very effective at explaining the Gospel in visual form in around three minutes for non-believers. This link from Brisbane, Australia gives you an idea of its effectiveness.
This link gives you a teaching session on how it works. It is best learned from watching videos and then practicing it with friends before being used on the streets. Disciplers from Jordan said that they adjusted the brokenness part to include many of the frustrating aspects of Islam and Islamic culture that do not satisfy the longing of the human heart, and that it then works really well.
- Learn off by heart all the scriptures you will be sharing if someone is interested.
- Learn off by heart the 8 amazing questions that can open up a conversation quickly.
- Learn the Three Circles witnessing tool thoroughly!!!! Go over it with friends at least 5 times before using it with non-believers. Then use it often so it sticks.
- Start practicing all these techniques straight away or you will forget them. Set targets each week for how many times they will be used